Diane M. Ramirez
Michael A. Goldenberg
Executive Director of Sales, Westside
Stephen G. Kliegerman
President of Development Marketing
Pictured above: Diane M. Ramirez, Michael A. Goldenberg, and Stephen G. Kliegerman
Halstead Property, LLC has always focused on helping customers in new and pioneering ways. Halstead Property was the first real estate company to market properties on the web, the first New York firm to bring the brokers out of Midtown office buildings and into prime retail storefronts, and the first to embrace co-broking as a way to help customers buy and sell properties more quickly. For over twenty years, Halstead Property has been a leading competitor in the New York real estate market.
Recognizing a need to further distinguish itself in the competitive marketplace, Halstead Property recently embarked on a re-branding campaign that involves an extensive advertising program and website re-launch. These were designed to focus on Halstead Property’s new commitment to providing real tools, real solutions and real answers.
“It is essential that we communicate everything that Halstead Property represents and provides as a company. Together with Pool, Inc., who has a proven track record in industry re-branding, we conducted extensive market research by going directly to our customers. Based on our findings, we developed a campaign theme: How Real Estate Gets Real.” said Diane Ramirez, President of Halstead Property. “We felt very strongly that the campaign should feature real customers of Halstead Property with real needs. Each person featured in our ads is a smart New Yorker who wants more out of their real estate broker than just the standard approach. They want someone who thinks of them as an individual and provides them with real tools to help them find the best home possible. This is what Halstead Property delivers to our clients.”
The ad campaign has been met with great response since its debut in early April. The campaign has blanketed New York City through outdoor advertisements as well as appearing in prominent publications such as The New York Times, New York Times Magazine, New York Magazine, New York Post, Gotham, Timeout New York, Hamptons Magazine and Crain’s New York Business.
To keep up with the wide range of customers, Halstead Property has 10 offices with over 500 sales associates and brokers in the New York metropolitan area and the Hudson Valley. The brokers and sales associates of Halstead Property are continually recognized as the best trained and most innovative in the industry.
“We make sure each of our brokers has the knowledge, integrity and resources to help our customers make the best decisions,” said Michael Goldenberg, Executive Director of Sales at the Westside office. “We are firm believers in cultivating preeminent talent and providing them with the strongest and most effective tools and resources. Each Halstead Property broker is offered ongoing training to ensure that they have the answers to any and all real estate questions. By offering them an enviable work environment and state-of-the-art tools, we are able to offer unparalleled service, unmatched professionalism, and the highest ethical standards.”
Halstead Property brokers have a number of tools at their disposal in order to provide their customers with the best possible solutions. “The management of Halstead Property continually works to identify resources that would benefit our brokers,” explains Diane Ramirez. “Our brokers represent who we are as a company.”
Some of the tools Halstead Property makes available to its brokers include:
• An award-winning in-house marketing department with over 20 staff members who develop targeted marketing strategies for all Halstead Property exclusives. Leveraging new technologies and established relationships throughout the advertising community, the Halstead Property broker and marketing team ensures that the property finds the right buyer.
• Recently selected as the “Best Marketing Piece” from over 650 worldwide brokerage firms by the Leading Real Estate Companies of the World, The Halstead Property Portfolio is a comprehensive marketing and advertising tool that features a wide range of New York sales and rental listings with dynamic property photos and extensive market research. Within the Portfolio, Halstead Property’s sales directors also present an overview of each market area the firm covers throughout New York.
• Halstead Property is the only real estate firm that offers both monthly and quarterly sales reports for various segments of the New York City marketplace. In addition, Halstead Property provides townhouse reports for both Manhattan and Brooklyn. The data for the reports comes from Halstead Property’s own ValueExchange, the largest database of closed sales in New York City and the reports are available for download on halstead.com.
• A customized collateral piece for exclusive presentations that describes the full extent of Halstead Property resources is available to both the broker and the seller in an attractive hard cover format.
• All of Halstead Property’s storefront video screens are being converted into New York City’s first interactive real estate displays. Halstead Property’s unique technology enables customers to choose which properties are displayed on the full-color widescreen plasma displays at every storefront location. Customers select what properties they want to see by using Blackberries, Treos or even a cell phone. Once they choose their properties, the software allows the customer to automatically send a message to the Halstead Property broker requesting more information or a showing. Halstead Property is currently the only firm to offer these interactive displays.
Another key element to the re-branding is the re-launch of the firm’s website, halstead.com. With over 80 percent of home buyers beginning their search online, Halstead Property managers made the firm’s website a priority in the re-branding campaign.
“Our real-time website now receives over 50 million hits a month and that number continues to increase steadily. We have strived to develop a site that is more user-friendly, faster and more effective,” stated Stephen G. Kliegerman, Executive Director of Sales for Downtown and Executive Director of Development Marketing. “We approached the website re-launch in a multi-faceted manner by obtaining input from brokers, buyers and sellers as well as people who had never before utilized a real estate website as a starting point in their home search. With the input we received, we created more search tools, incorporated our new logo and graphics and better showcased our properties on halstead.com. With our re-launch, halstead.com is now faster and more comprehensive with more tools and the crucial information that people are looking for when searching for a home.”
Some of the website enhancements include the ability to easily search listings as well as to access properties in a variety of different ways including by address, broker or a keyword. In order to provide the visitor with the most information possible, the Halstead Property website also suggests choices once the visitor begins typing a specific address. Visitors also have access to many listings that feature an online floor plan spacing tool called “Room Planner” which allows you to creatively map out how you wish to set up your new home.
All open house listings have links to Hop Stop’s directional tools, which provide subway and driving directions as well as to Property Shark’s building data and area maps. Continuing their groundbreaking legacy in the real estate market, halstead.com is New York’s first and only real estate website effectively designed for use on Blackberries, Treos and other handheld devices.
“Halstead Property continues to grow at a breakneck pace. In just the past five years, the Downtown office at 831 Broadway has tripled in size while the West Side office has undergone three different expansions. New offices were opened in Brooklyn and Riverdale and a new office is about to open in Harlem. Our Development Marketing division was established less than two years ago and currently has $2 billion in developments launching in the next 12 months, representing over 2,200 units,” said Diane Ramirez. “The outlook for Halstead Property is outstanding and we are very excited about this year and the years to come.”
Thursday, June 15, 2006