Becky’s ability to sell unique properties from the family home to country estates has made her one of the highest ranked salespeople at Halstead. When a movie producer in Redding wanted to sell his 40-acre manor house at $11,875,000, Becky sold it for him in 39 days. She then sold 80 acres on the top of a mountain in Ridgefield for $8 million, in 35 days. "I love country homes, " Becky says. "But waterfront properties are exciting as they represent a specific selling approach. We sold 2/3rd of Darien Waterfront above $5 million in 2013. "
"Real estate is not random; it follows a distinctive pattern and numerical analysis. When we combine analysis with video and 3D and drone technology, our results are excellent. "
- 2018 – Highest priced sale at $7,250,000 offer in 2 days. Currently holds largest number of exceptional properties, both on waterfront and off in Darien.
- 2017 – WSJ Top Connecticut agent, highest sales price since 2015 for waterfront, 50% of all waterfront sales above $6,000,000, excluding Greenwich. All sales at contract in less than 4 months, within 5% of original asking price.
- 2015-2016 – Closed 17 transactions, 60% in less than 3 months, 100% in less than 6 months, with closed prices 6% over and 4% under original asking price.
- 2015 – Top 1000 agents in the USA by WSJ. Top Connecticut Agents, Platinum and Top 5% 2013-Corporate producer and sales above $5,000,000. Inman Real Estate National Conference speaker: "How I Created the Original Drone to Sell Luxury Real Estate."
- 2013-2014 - Top WSJ Connecticut Agents and Diamond Club for sales over $10,000,000.
- 2012 - #8 Realtor in the state of Connecticut at $48,000,000+, and 75% of all sales above $8,000,000 in Fairfield County. 65% of transactions closed in 6 months or less. Excluding Greenwich.
Becky was a featured speaker at the NYC Inman Real Estate conference in 2015, featured with her property on the Today show and Epic Beach Homes on the Discovery Channel, Open House NYC Sunday show, London Daily Mail, and winner of "House of the Day" (Wall Street Journal) for the year of 2013.
Becky has cemented her place as a tenacious negotiator, a skill mastered in 25 years of commodity trading for Cargill and other companies, and she closes deals regardless of their level of difficulty, with persistence and discretion. "My clients’ homes, whether they are buying or selling, can be the biggest investment they will make. It is crucial for me to have all the necessary skillsets to help them maximize their goal. I am privileged to be part of this process."
Becky traded for Cargill in NYC and London before moving to Darien, CT in 1987 with her husband, Dougal, to open the US Company of a Swiss Oil Group. She did international real estate in 2000 before entering the local residential real estate market.
"The success of my business is much due to my support staff," Becky says. "Together we make every home spectacular and through staging create beautiful rooms, which is why we sell so fast. Above all is Halstead’s Marketing and Technology team, who are the creative and technical geniuses that keep us way ahead of our competition."
Becky and Dougal have a daughter who attended Miami University in Ohio and a son who went to Vanderbilt. Becky is involved with several town organizations. "In my spare time, I love to row—not particularly well or straight, but I am working on that."
"I have had the great opportunity to raise my children in a beautiful and welcoming coastal community with top libraries, Blue Ribbon Schools, and so much more. Please let me show you!"
“Becky, many thanks for all your help in the sale of our house. You were instrumental in all phases of our sale from helping us focus on prep work, key maintenance and contractor selection. And that was only the beginning. Staging the furnishings, preparing the marketing materials (and they were great!), getting broker and buyer attention via open houses and advertising were all well done. Hand-holding, providing assurance, negotiating an offer and making it though the closing process were all done to a level beyond my expectations. You, Rob and your team are true pros and we are very thankful to have been in your care.” - J. L. R.“Many thanks for your fine effort in representing us successfully! You helped present the house and remained patient with us through the process until the end. You were an excellent partner and, in hindsight, we know we made the right choice of agent. Thank you again!” - M. & M.“I can’t give enough praises for Becky Munro. She helped us get the best possible price for my mother’s [waterfront] property. She guided us through so very tenuous issues and made the process of selling the property much easier. She helped us to realize the true value of the property and suggested a reasonable listing price. She has a lot of experience and resources at her disposal and a very complete marketing approach. After much reviewing of other brokers we settled on Becky and are very happy with our choice. I don’t see how anyone could go wrong with picking Becky Munro as your broker.” - D. N.“You represent everything positive that one would hope for and look for in a value-added advisor for a real estate purchase.” - U.B.“Thank you so much for all your hard work and perseverance in finding us our fantastic new home. We are so happy here - we just love it. You truly got us exactly what we wanted.” - S and L R.“Becky Munro at Halstead Property is a rainmaker in her profession. She identified the perfect property for us early in our search and helped us complete the transaction with speed, efficiency and diligence. If only every real estate transaction could be so expedient! We are very pleased with the services and professional opinions Becky offered and would recommend her to others.” - S. J.“I want to belatedly thank you for a number of things: Great marketing in spite of the soft local market last fall, for your generosity in staging the house with your personal items, for bringing Julie onto the team, and for working so tirelessly to get the job done.” –D. A. B“Bob and I recommend Becky whole-heartedly as an extremely personal, professional and effective broker. “Broker” is defining her role too narrowly, as Becky’s engagement with clients is so much more comprehensive than what a traditional broker does. Most recently, she played an indispensable role when we recommended to Bob’s parents that they engage her to sell their house. As an elderly couple who had been in their house for over 40 years, the decision to sell their house and move to a senior living facility was traumatic for them. Becky couldn’t have been more sensitive and caring in how she helped them feel comfortable with their decisions, making the whole process as easy as possible. The downsizing of their belongings and actual move was equally daunting, but the transition went much more smoothly than we had dared hope. They are now very happy to be where they are-they are engaged with their community, and feel safe and well cared for. In addition, their house was in need of extensive repair and updating, and we simple couldn’t have accomplished what we needed to accomplish without Becky. Not only did she have an army of wonderful helpers at her fingertips, she never hesitated to roll up her sleeves and help get done whatever needed to be done—which was a lot! The house was miraculously transformed in a short amount of time with minimal expense, and sold within days of going on the market at asking price. We had recommended Becky to Bob’s parents because we had such a positive experience with her when she successfully sold Bob’s big house a few years ago in a very adverse market, so we speak very knowledgably about her extraordinary services!” –M & B.W.
Halstead Connecticut, LLC
1 Runkenhage Road1 of 33 $7,950,000
- 6 Beds
- 5.5 Baths
- 17 Rooms
- 3.25 Acres
- 11,192 Sqft
45 Side Cut Road1 of 40 $3,495,000
- 4 Beds
- 2.5 Baths
- 8 Rooms
- 46.30 Acres
- 5,160 Sqft
71 Goodwives River Road1 of 37 $2,395,000
- 4 Beds
- 2.5 Baths
- 10 Rooms
- 1.11 Acres
- 3,400 Sqft
The following are selected closed transactions in which Becky Munro represented the buyer, the seller, or both:SINGLE FAMILY HOMES
- 36 Morehouse, Norwalk, CT
- 130 Holmes Ave, Darien, CT
- 118 Delafield Island Road, Darien, CT
- 45 Cedar Gate Road, Darien, CT
- 99 Fox Run Road, Fairfield, CT
- 14 Circle Road, Darien, CT
- 173 Ponus Ave, Norwalk, CT
- 2572 Boston Post Road, Darien, CT
- 10 Glen Gorham Lane, Darien, CT
- 369 Middlesex Road Darien CT
- 1 Lighthouse Way Darien, CT
- 26 Sunswyck Road Darien, CT
- 2 Gardiner Street Darien, CT
- 117 Witch Lane Rowayton, CT
- 180 Highland Avenue Rowayton, CT
- 275 Rowayton Avenue Rowayton, CT
- 48 Old Farm Road Darien, CT
- 17 Crane Road Darien, CT
- 72 Ridge Acres Road Darien, CT
- 44 Andrews Drive Darien, CT
- 14 Pasture Lane Darien, CT
- 21 Indian Spring Trail Darien, CT
- 6 Lighthouse Way Darien, CT
- 1 Mansfield Place Darien, CT
- 87 Gardiner Street Darien, CT
- 33 Intervale Road Darien, CT
- 22 Stephanie Lane Darien, CT
- 322 Flax Hill Road, Norwalk, CT
- 80 Deepwood Road Darien, CT
- 24 Brush Island Road, Darien, CT
- 82 Arrowhead Way, Darien, CT
- 7 Cross Road, Darien, CT
- 2 Arrowhead Way, Darien, CT
- 440 Middlesex Road Darien, CT
- 72 Nearwater Lane, Darien, CT
- 17 Edgehill Drive, Darien, CT
- 440 Middlesex Road Darien, CT
- 35 Crooked Mile Road, Darien, CT
- 2 Wheat Lane, Darien, CT
- 20 Prospect Avenue, Darien, CT
- 124 Highland Avenue, Rowayton, CT
- 40 Hamilton Lane, Darien, CT
- 24 Mckinley Street, Rowayton, CT
- 480 Hollow Tree Ridge Road, Darien, CT
- 369 Rowayton Avenue, Rowayton, CT
- 25 Three Wells Lane, Darien, CT
- 51 Blueberry Lane, Darien, CT
- 9 Lakeside Avenue, Darien, CT
- 15 Cliff Avenue, Darien, CT
- 30 Goodwives River Rd, Darien CT
- 30 Hamilton Lane, Darien CT
- 253 Long Neck Point Rd, Darien CT
- 360 New Canaan Rd, Wilton CT
- 8 North Rd, Darien CT
- 10 Pratt Island, Darien, CT
- 153 W. Mountain Rd, Ridgefield, CT
- 187 Umpawaug Rd, Redding, CT
- 272 Mansfield Ave, Darien CT
- 54 Camp Ave, Darien CT
- 9 Herman Ave, Darien CT
- 253 Long Neck Point Rd, Darien CT
- 70 Noroton Ave, Darien CT
- 1 Coves End Road, Darien CT
- 16 Locust Hill Rd, Darien CT
- 39 Stony Brook, Darien CT
- 16 Thomas Place, Rowayton, CT
- 160 Ridge Acres Road, Darien, CT
- 51 Arrowhead Way, Darien, CT
- 8 Golden Court, Rowayton, CT
- 26 Stephanie Lane, Darien, CT
- 473 Hollow Tree Ridge Rd. Darien, CT
- 44 Andrews Drive, Darien, CT
- 30 Point O Woods Rd., Darien, CT
- 3 Natures Way, Darien, CT
- 9 Whaling Road Darien, CT
- 7 Nearwater Lane, Darien, CT
- 2 Contentment Island, Darien, CT
- 100 Roton Ave. Rowayton, CT
- 14 Hillcrest Avenue, Darien, CT
- 15 Deerfield Road, Darien, CT
Recent Press‘Don’T See It Slowing’: CT Home Sales Steaming Into Holidays
Norwalk Hour - Thursday, November 5, 2020Realtor Sets New Selling Record With Sale Of Rowayton 'Oyster House' For $6.6M
The Connecticut Post - Thursday, November 5, 2020Wow! House: Renovated Tudor-Style Home On 2.62 Acres In Darien
Patch.com - Thursday, December 26, 2019Halstead Connecticut Agents Named To America's Best Real Estate List By Real Trends
Stamford Advocate - Friday, July 19, 2019Hot Property: Historical Home Redesigned To Include Modern Amenities
Stamford Advocate - Friday, July 5, 2019Hot Property: EnergyEffcient Home With Stunning Water Views In Darien
Stamford Advocate - Friday, June 28, 2019Wow! House: 444 Feet Of Waterfront In Darien
Patch.com - Wednesday, February 20, 2019Coal Billionaire Linked To Purchase Of Former Pear Tree School
Stamford Advocate - Thursday, August 23, 2018August 2018 Home Personality: “Flower Power”
Home Monthly - Sunday, July 29, 2018Halstead Connecticut Agents Named To America's Best Real Estate List By Real Trends
Stamford Advocate - Friday, July 20, 2018Hot Property: European-inspired Living At Unique Darien five-bedroom
Stamford Advocate - Friday, June 1, 2018Homes That Sold For Around $1.5 Million
New York Times - Sunday, January 14, 2018
Featured Blog PostsHalstead Agents Top Real Trends List
We are so proud of all of our agents acknowledged in this year’s Wall Street Journal/Real Trends Top Agents List! See below for the full list of agents and teams represented in this prestigious ranking:
Tuesday, July 14, 2015Record Number Of Halstead Speakers At Inman
INMAN FEATURES LARGEST SHOWING OF SPEAKERS IN HALSTEAD PROPERTY HISTORY Halstead Property had the largest showing of speakers at Inman Real Estate Connect NYC last month. Attended by more than 2,000 industry execs and agents from around the world, Halstead left a great impression by sharing valuable...
Monday, March 2, 2015Halstead Property 2014 Social Award Winners
2013 HALSTEAD PROPERTY SOCIAL AWARD WINNERS Halstead Property is proud to announce recipients of the 2013 Social Awards from Halstead Property’s 2013 Annual Meeting & Awards Ceremony . Over 1,000 of the most talented and successful real estate agents ...
Thursday, March 6, 201410 Takeaways From The Halstead Annual Meeting
TEN TAKEAWAYS FROM THE HALSTEAD PROPERTY ANNUAL MEETING There were so many highlights to this year’s Annual Meeting that was held this past Thursday at Cipriani’s 42 nd Street but we thought you would enjoy the 10 Biggest Takeaways from the corporate gathering. Enjoy! 1....
Thursday, March 6, 2014The Helping Hands Of Our Darien Office
Halstead Property’s Darien/Rowayton Office is the lead sponsor for OPUS for Person-to-Person’s largest fundraiser, The Julep Ball. “We are delighted to be in a position to help those who need it,” says Charlotte Felt, Executive Director of Sales, Darien & Rowayton. “Not only do they provide food and clothing, Person-to-Person...
Wednesday, November 20, 2013
Featured VideosView From Above: 6 Contentment Island Road - Darien, Connecticut
6 Contentment Island Road - Darien, Connecticut - Web #: 170265511 Becky Munro, Licensed in Connecticut Tel: (203) 656-6511 - Cell: (203) 858-6182 BMunro@halstead.comSneak Peek Inside 9 Miles Road - Darien, Connecticut
This property is now closed or no longer available. Take a sneak peek at this property and if you are interested in something comparable, please reach out to: Becky Munro, Licensed in Connecticut Tel: (203) 656-6511 - Cell: (203) 858-6182 email@example.comSneak Peek Inside 159 Pear Tree Point Road - Darien, Connecticut
This property is now closed or no longer available. Take a sneak peek at this property and if you are interested in something comparable, please reach out to: Becky Munro, Licensed in Connecticut Tel: (203) 656-6511 - Cell: (203) 858-6182 firstname.lastname@example.orgSneak Peek Inside View From Above: 85 Rings End Road
This property is now closed or no longer available. Take a sneak peek at this property and if you are interested in something comparable, please reach out to: Becky Munro , Licensed in Connecticut Tel: (203) 656-6511 - Cell: (203) 858-6182 email@example.com Runkenhage Road - Darien, Connecticut
1 Runkenhage Road - Darien, Connecticut - Web #: 170163410 Becky Munro, Licensed in Connecticut Tel: (203) 656-6511 - Cell: (203) 858-6182 firstname.lastname@example.orgSneak Peek Inside View From Above: 48 Dorchester Road
This property is now closed or no longer available. Take a sneak peek at this property and if you are interested in something comparable, please reach out to: Becky Munro, Licensed in Connecticut Tel: (203) 656-6511 - Cell: (203) 858-6182 email@example.comSneak Peek Inside 90 Pear Tree Point Road - Darien, ConnecticutSneak Peek Inside View From Above: 21 Tokeneke TrailSneak Peek Inside View From Above: 118 Delafield Island RoadSneak Peek Inside View From Above: 21 Tokeneke Trail - Darien CT.View From Above: 44 Andrews Drive, Darien CT
44 Andrews Drive, Darien CT Becky Munro, Licensed in Connecticut Tel: (203) 656-6511 - Cell: (203) 858-6182 firstname.lastname@example.orgSneak Peek Inside View From Above: 72 Ridge Acres Road
This property is now closed or no longer available. Take a sneak peek at this property and if you are interested in something comparable, please reach out to: Becky Munro Licensed in Connecticut Tel: (203) 656-6511 Cell: (203) 858-6182 email@example.com Julie Bauer Licensed in Connecticut Tel: (203) 656-6575 Cell: (203) 858-7344 firstname.lastname@example.org